I'm a PhD student in the Center for Bits and Atoms.
My Research focus is computational fabrication. I try to create integrated design, simulation, optimization and fabrication worklows.
- Benjamin Jenett, Amira Abdel-Rahman, Kenneth Cheung, and Neil Gershenfeld. Material-robot system for assembly of discrete cellular structures. In Robotics and Automation Letters. IEEE, 2019.
- Amira Abdel-Rahman, Marcin Kosicki, Panagiotis Michalatos, and Martha Tsigkari. Design of thermally deformable laminates using machine learning. In SEMC (Structural Engineering, Mechanics and Computation) 2019 . Elsevier, 2019.
- Allan Costa, Amira Abdel-Rahman, Benjamin Jenett, Neil Gershenfeld, Irina Kostitsyna, and Kenneth Cheung. Algorithmic approaches to reconfigurable assembly systems. In 2019 IEEE Aerospace Conference, pages 1–8. IEEE, 2019.
- Amira Abdel-Rahman and Panagiotis Michalatos. Magnetic Morphing. In the 37th Annual Conference of the Association for Computer Aided Design in Architecture (ACADIA), pages 18–27, 2017.
- Amira Abdel-Rahman, Shape Morphing : Swarm Magnetics. Master's thesis, Harvard University Graduate School of Design, 2017.
- Amira Abdel-Rahman and Elnaz Tafrihi. Heat-actuated auxetic facades. In Facade Tectonics 2018, pages 449–459, 2018.
- Ayman Wagdy, Sarah Mokhtar, and Amira Abdel-Rahman. Parametric analysis of solar shading parameters in intermediate orientations located in desert climates. In Building Simulation Conference 2016 , 2016.